[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] upgrade from cheetah 2.0.x to 2.4.x

  • William Dode
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2010
      Hi,

      With the upcoming release of debian squeeze i begin to look how i will
      upgrade from cheetah 2.0 to cheetah 2.4

      The first things i found is about changes with unicode.

      Are there any other parts that i should take care (i've hundreds of
      templates) ?

      thanks

      --
      William Dodé - http://flibuste.net
      Informaticien Indépendant

    • R. Tyler Croy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2010
        On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, William Dode wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > With the upcoming release of debian squeeze i begin to look how i will
        > upgrade from cheetah 2.0 to cheetah 2.4
        >
        > The first things i found is about changes with unicode.
        >
        > Are there any other parts that i should take care (i've hundreds of
        > templates) ?

        Nothing really comes to mind, there were a number of performance fixes and
        other additions but there are no removals of functionality that I can think of.

        The unicode change is a big'un though, especially if you have gobs of hacked
        encoding code on top of 2.0.x like Slide did to cope with the unicode oddities.

        > thanks
        >
        > --
        > William Dodé - http://flibuste.net
        > Informaticien Indépendant

        - R. Tyler Croy
        --------------------------------------
        GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
      • William Dode
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
          On 11-10-2010, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

          > On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, William Dode wrote:
          >
          >> Hi,
          >>=20
          >> With the upcoming release of debian squeeze i begin to look how i will=20
          >> upgrade from cheetah 2.0 to cheetah 2.4
          >>=20
          >> The first things i found is about changes with unicode.
          >>=20
          >> Are there any other parts that i should take care (i've hundreds of=20
          >> templates) ?
          >

          > Nothing really comes to mind, there were a number of performance fixes and
          > other additions but there are no removals of functionality that I can think=
          > of.
          >
          > The unicode change is a big'un though, especially if you have gobs of hacked
          > encoding code on top of 2.0.x like Slide did to cope with the unicode oddit=
          > ies.

          Fine, i will look quietly this part.

          --
          William Dodé - http://flibuste.net
          Informaticien Indépendant

        • Jon Siddle
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2010
            I wanted to sign up to http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/ to help track the 2.7 bugs, but I get:

            SYSTEM WARNING: require_once(/home/www/vhosts/www.bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/htdocs/core/disposable/disposable.php)[function.require-once]:failed to open stream: No such file or directory

            Any chance someone could take a look at this?

            Jon
          • Jonathan Rogers
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 15, 2010
              On 10/14/10 12:16 PM, Jon Siddle wrote:
              > I wanted to sign up to http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/ to help track
              > the 2.7 bugs, but I get:
              >
              > SYSTEM WARNING:
              > require_once(/home/www/vhosts/www.bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/htdocs/core/disposable/disposable.php)
              > [function.require-once
              > <http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/function.require-once>]: failed to open
              > stream: No such file or directory

              Perhaps the problem stems from the fact that cheetahtemplate.org is not
              eating its own dogfood.
              --
              Jonathan Ross Rogers

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 15, 2010
                cheetahtemplate.org is, bugs.cheetahtemplate.org is just an instance of
                Mantis Tyler set up.

                On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Jonathan Rogers wrote:

                > On 10/14/10 12:16 PM, Jon Siddle wrote:
                >> I wanted to sign up to http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/ to help track
                >> the 2.7 bugs, but I get:
                >>
                >> SYSTEM WARNING:
                >> require_once(/home/www/vhosts/www.bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/htdocs/core/disposable/disposable.php)
                >> [function.require-once
                >> <http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/function.require-once>]: failed to open
                >> stream: No such file or directory
                >
                > Perhaps the problem stems from the fact that cheetahtemplate.org is not
                > eating its own dogfood.
                > --
                > Jonathan Ross Rogers

              • R. Tyler Croy
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 15, 2010
                  On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Tavis Rudd wrote:

                  > cheetahtemplate.org is, bugs.cheetahtemplate.org is just an instance of
                  > Mantis Tyler set up.

                  Indeed, and that Mantis instance is rather neglected since I've cheaped out and
                  just been using GitHub's poor "Issues" feature:

                  http://github.com/rtyler/cheetah/issues

                  Tavis, we should probably just kill the link to bugs.ct.org to be honest.

                  > On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Jonathan Rogers wrote:
                  >
                  > > On 10/14/10 12:16 PM, Jon Siddle wrote:
                  > >> I wanted to sign up to http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/ to help track
                  > >> the 2.7 bugs, but I get:
                  > >>
                  > >> SYSTEM WARNING:
                  > >> require_once(/home/www/vhosts/www.bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/htdocs/core/disposable/disposable.php)
                  > >> [function.require-once
                  > >> <http://bugs.cheetahtemplate.org/function.require-once>]: failed to open
                  > >> stream: No such file or directory
                  > >
                  > > Perhaps the problem stems from the fact that cheetahtemplate.org is not
                  > > eating its own dogfood.
                  > > --
                  > > Jonathan Ross Rogers

                  - R. Tyler Croy