Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] WebWare support

  • R. Tyler Ballance
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
      Moin Blaise!

      Blaise Vogel schrieb am Dienstag, den 27. April 2010:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm working with Cheetah + WebWare for a long time. But, in the last version, the WebWare support was removed:-((
      > http://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah/commit/0eead16006099c658988ebc4e1687ccabcbd3e92
      >
      > What's the solution ?

      My preferred solution would be not to use WebWare ;)

      I removed the code because it causes pretty serious performance regressions on
      Mac OS X (as alluded to in the commit comment). I would recommend sticking to
      an earlier version of Cheetah, or finding a better means of supporting WebWare
      that doesn't result in the WebKit module being imported on Mac OS X.

      I cannot support WebWare however, since I do not use it nor test with it, so it
      may be a better solution to fork the Git repository on GitHub and revert that
      commit and work with that slight deviation from Cheetah's mainline tree.

      --------------------------------------
      Jabber: rtyler@...
      GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
      Identica: http://identi.ca/dero
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
      Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
        On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:

        > Moin Blaise!
        >
        > Blaise Vogel schrieb am Dienstag, den 27. April 2010:
        >
        >> Hello,
        >>
        >> I'm working with Cheetah + WebWare for a long time. But, in the last version, the WebWare support was removed:-((
        >> http://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah/commit/0eead16006099c658988ebc4e1687ccabcbd3e92
        >>
        >> What's the solution ?
        >
        > My preferred solution would be not to use WebWare ;)
        >
        > I removed the code because it causes pretty serious performance regressions on
        > Mac OS X (as alluded to in the commit comment). I would recommend sticking to
        > an earlier version of Cheetah, or finding a better means of supporting WebWare
        > that doesn't result in the WebKit module being imported on Mac OS X.

        I'd recommend the latter or a monkey patch to reinsert WebKit.Servlet into
        the Template inheritance chain if that doesn't work for you.

        > I cannot support WebWare however, since I do not use it nor test with it, so it
        > may be a better solution to fork the Git repository on GitHub and revert that
        > commit and work with that slight deviation from Cheetah's mainline tree.

        Yeah, the baked in support for WebWare's got to go.