[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] WebWare support

  • Blaise Vogel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
      Hello,

      I'm working with Cheetah + WebWare for a long time. But, in the last version, the WebWare support was removed:-((
      http://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah/commit/0eead16006099c658988ebc4e1687ccabcbd3e92

      What's the solution ?

      --
      Blaise Vogel

    • R. Tyler Ballance
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
        Moin Blaise!

        Blaise Vogel schrieb am Dienstag, den 27. April 2010:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm working with Cheetah + WebWare for a long time. But, in the last version, the WebWare support was removed:-((
        > http://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah/commit/0eead16006099c658988ebc4e1687ccabcbd3e92
        >
        > What's the solution ?

        My preferred solution would be not to use WebWare ;)

        I removed the code because it causes pretty serious performance regressions on
        Mac OS X (as alluded to in the commit comment). I would recommend sticking to
        an earlier version of Cheetah, or finding a better means of supporting WebWare
        that doesn't result in the WebKit module being imported on Mac OS X.

        I cannot support WebWare however, since I do not use it nor test with it, so it
        may be a better solution to fork the Git repository on GitHub and revert that
        commit and work with that slight deviation from Cheetah's mainline tree.

        --------------------------------------
        Jabber: rtyler@...
        GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
        Identica: http://identi.ca/dero
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
        Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
          On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:

          > Moin Blaise!
          >
          > Blaise Vogel schrieb am Dienstag, den 27. April 2010:
          >
          >> Hello,
          >>
          >> I'm working with Cheetah + WebWare for a long time. But, in the last version, the WebWare support was removed:-((
          >> http://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah/commit/0eead16006099c658988ebc4e1687ccabcbd3e92
          >>
          >> What's the solution ?
          >
          > My preferred solution would be not to use WebWare ;)
          >
          > I removed the code because it causes pretty serious performance regressions on
          > Mac OS X (as alluded to in the commit comment). I would recommend sticking to
          > an earlier version of Cheetah, or finding a better means of supporting WebWare
          > that doesn't result in the WebKit module being imported on Mac OS X.

          I'd recommend the latter or a monkey patch to reinsert WebKit.Servlet into
          the Template inheritance chain if that doesn't work for you.

          > I cannot support WebWare however, since I do not use it nor test with it, so it
          > may be a better solution to fork the Git repository on GitHub and revert that
          > commit and work with that slight deviation from Cheetah's mainline tree.

          Yeah, the baked in support for WebWare's got to go.