[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Cheetah==2.2.1 error in Red Hat 7.2 ?

  • adso 0000
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hello everybody,

      I´ve a small script that compiles python 2.4.6, libxml2-python 2.6.15 , tcl 8.5.7 , tk 8.5.7  and Imaging-1.1.6. All them  in batch, to prepare an user account - in a Linux system - to install a plone buildout, so once sources are compiled i  execute ez_setup.py to install setuptools and ZopeSkel ( and Cheetah ) , virtualenv , etc..

      I have follow this approach in a CentOS and Debian system and it seems to work, but i have got one error doing the same in one Red Had 7.2 (Enigma) system.

      To isolate the error i tried to install easy_install Cheetah==2.4.2 and everything is right but it fails when i use Cheetah=2.2.1 who is the required by ZopeSkel.

      To try to solve headers issues i have installed python-devel-2.4.4-3.i386.rpm,  even i think if i use the sources the headers should be all them available. The error is raised in the namemapper.c file. Sorry no enought backgrount of C++ to find the reason rightnow.

      The trace of the error is below. Any idea about a possible reason ?

      Kind regards

      Cheetah verions 2.2.1
      gcc version     2.96
      python version 2.4.6
      OS : Red Hat linux 7.2

      python setup.py build_ext -i
      running build_ext
      building 'Cheetah._namemapper' extension
      gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/home/user/opt/include/python2.4 -c src/_namemapper.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/src/_namemapper.o
      src/_namemapper.c: In function `PyNamemapper_valueForName':
      src/_namemapper.c:235: parse error before `*'
      src/_namemapper.c:236: `exc' undeclared (first use in this function)
      src/_namemapper.c:236: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
      src/_namemapper.c:236: for each function it appears in.)

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        I think you need to install the python-devel rpm which comes with
        Python's c header files. The namemapper c extension won't compile without
        that rpm. However, Cheetah 2.4 is just a bit smarter about falling back
        to the pure python version of namemapper.

        I'd also recommend upgrading to a newer distro. RH 7.2 is from 2002 and
        it was end-of-lifed many years ago. It's probably full of security holes
        by now.