[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Cheetah at PyCon Atlanta 2010

  • tyler@monkeypox.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2009
      Long-time users might be aware that Cheetah was originally introduced at
      PyCon10 by Mike, Tavis and Ian.

      As I look over my refactoring work for Python 3 support and the progress we've made over
      the past few months, I'm wondering if it would be worth "re-introducing"
      Cheetah at PyCon 2010 this upcoming February in Atlanta. I lament that Cheetah
      has seemingly fallen out of favor among newer Python developers (Django and the
      Google App Engine aren't doing us any favors) but I would like to start to turn
      that around.

      I have a couple of questions for you, delightful members of the Cheetah
      community:
      * Talk proposals are closed currently, but would anybody be interested in
      participating in a development sprint and/or Cheetah meetup during the
      sprint days?
      * Suggestions on how to improve Cheetah's interestingness to the newer crowd
      of (primarily web) developers using Python and other templating systems?
      * Anybody using Cheetah at a corporate level that would consider helping
      with airfare costs from SFO to ATL? (have to ask ;))

      I've not ordered a plane ticket or reserved a hotel room yet, I'm still
      determining whether PyCon will be worth the ~$1000 it will cost me to get
      there, in addition to the week of vacation time. I'd love to have a good reason
      to justify the expense ;)

      Interested in hearing how many other Cheetah folks are planning to attend

      --------------------------------------
      GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
      Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com
    • Jean-Baptiste Quenot
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2009
        2009/11/17 <tyler@...>:
        > Long-time users might be aware that Cheetah was originally introduced at
        > PyCon10 by Mike, Tavis and Ian.
        >
        > As I look over my refactoring work for Python 3 support and the progress we've made over
        > the past few months, I'm wondering if it would be worth "re-introducing"
        > Cheetah at PyCon 2010 this upcoming February in Atlanta. I lament that Cheetah
        > has seemingly fallen out of favor among newer Python developers (Django and the
        > Google App Engine aren't doing us any favors) but I would like to start to turn
        > that around.
        >
        > I have a couple of questions for you, delightful members of the Cheetah
        > community:
        >   * Talk proposals are closed currently, but would anybody be interested in
        >     participating in a development sprint and/or Cheetah meetup during the
        >     sprint days?
        >   * Suggestions on how to improve Cheetah's interestingness to the newer crowd
        >     of (primarily web) developers using Python and other templating systems?
        >   * Anybody using Cheetah at a corporate level that would consider helping
        >     with airfare costs from SFO to ATL? (have to ask ;))
        >
        > I've not ordered a plane ticket or reserved a hotel room yet, I'm still
        > determining whether PyCon will be worth the ~$1000 it will cost me to get
        > there, in addition to the week of vacation time. I'd love to have a good reason
        > to justify the expense ;)
        >
        > Interested in hearing how many other Cheetah folks are planning to attend

        Hello Robert,

        Silly question, did you ask Slide?
        --
        Jean-Baptiste Quenot