[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Problem with easy_install/setuptools on Cheetah 2.4.0

  • Philippe Lafaye
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hi everybody

      I have some problems with cheetah 2.4.0 it's seems that it's no more
      compatible with easy_install.
      Setuptools try to download Cheetah-2.4.0.linux-i686.tar.gz (a binary
      dump) rather Cheetah-2.4.0.tar.gz

      logs:
      (zwook_instances)17:54 emencia@gaia
      ~/zwook_instances/instances/instance3% easy_install cheetah
      Searching for cheetah
      Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/cheetah/
      Reading http://www.CheetahTemplate.org/
      Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28961
      Reading http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
      Best match: Cheetah 2.4.0.linux-i686
      Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/C/Cheetah/Cheetah-2.4.0.linux-i686.tar.gz#md5=92cdea17ab49db74b05e0f51ffba039d
      Processing Cheetah-2.4.0.linux-i686.tar.gz
      error: Couldn't find a setup script in
      /tmp/easy_install-vTpFkL/Cheetah-2.4.0.linux-i686.tar.gz
      zsh: exit 1 easy_install cheetah

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
        On Tue, 03 Nov 2009, Philippe Lafaye wrote:

        > Hi everybody
        >
        > I have some problems with cheetah 2.4.0 it's seems that it's no more
        > compatible with easy_install.
        > Setuptools try to download Cheetah-2.4.0.linux-i686.tar.gz (a binary
        > dump) rather Cheetah-2.4.0.tar.gz

        Interesting, I've probably learned this lesson before to be honest (I don't
        really use easy_install).

        Anyways, I nuked the dumb binary package, mind trying again?

        --------------------------------------
        GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
        Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com
      • Philippe Lafaye
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
          2009/11/3 <tyler@...>:
          > Interesting, I've probably learned this lesson before to be honest (I don't
          > really use easy_install).
          >
          > Anyways, I nuked the dumb binary package, mind trying again?

          Thanks a lot for the reactivity ! It's work perfectly now !

          Philippe