[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Inheritance block/def problem

  • mobiledreamers@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2009
      I have a method fotofooter in the base html that is not needed in a particular subclass.html

      base html
      #block fotolist
      $fotofooter
      #end block fotolist

      inherited html subclass.html

      #def fotolist

      #end def fotolist

      But the contents of fotofooter still appear in the subclass.html

      How do I remove the fotofooter method from subclass.html

      #block fotolist does not get over-ridden

      --
      Bidegg worlds best auction site
      http://bidegg.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2009
        On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, mobiledreamers@... wrote:

        > I have a method fotofooter in the base html that is not needed in a
        > particular subclass.html

        Without actual code, I don't expect we'll be able to offer much insight
        here

        > *base html*
        >
        > #block fotolist
        > $fotofooter
        > #end block fotolist
        >

        > *inherited html** subclass.html*
        >
        > #def fotolist
        >
        > #end def fotolist
        >

        > But the contents of fotofooter still appear in the subclass.html
        >
        > How do I remove the fotofooter method from subclass.html
        >
        > #block fotolist does not get over-ridden
        >
        > --
        > Bidegg worlds best auction site
        > http://bidegg.com

        Slide, Inc.
      • mobiledreamers@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2009
          Tyler
          thanks
          moving the function fotofooter to base.html solved the problem
          thanks

          On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 4:25 PM, R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@...> wrote:

          On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, mobiledreamers@... wrote:

          > I have a method fotofooter in the base html that is not needed in a
          > particular subclass.html

          Without actual code, I don't expect we'll be able to offer much insight
          here

          > *base html*
          >
          > #block fotolist
          > $fotofooter
          > #end block fotolist
          >

          > *inherited html** subclass.html*
          >
          > #def fotolist
          >
          > #end def fotolist
          >

          > But the contents of fotofooter still appear in the subclass.html
          >
          > How do I remove the fotofooter method from subclass.html
          >
          > #block fotolist does not get over-ridden
          >
          > --
          > Bidegg worlds best auction site
          > http://bidegg.com

          Slide, Inc.