Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Windows Binaries and Installers

  • Jacob Feisley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2009
      Yea,

      Some slight mods to your distutils setup and it was building fine. It might be worth noting that it will not compile with the Microsoft Compiler that I use to build most modules, but did work with the mingw32 compiler. I had both so I just tried until it worked ;)

      If you need anything compiled in the future please give me a shout.

      Cheers,

      Jacob

      On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM, R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@...> wrote:

      On Fri, 07 Aug 2009, Jacob Feisley wrote:

      > I use Cheetah on Windows (mainly for development, then deploy on *nix) but
      > found that the most recent version does not have a _namemapper.pyd for
      > Python 2.6
      >
      > I ran the compile operation on our build servers and generated pyd files for
      > Python 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6. Additionally I created Windows installers so that
      > it could easily be installed by windows users without having to copy the pyd
      > files by hand.
      >
      > Windows Installers: http://feisley.com/python/cheetah/
      > Cheetah Namemapper PYD: http://feisley.com/python/cheetah/pyd

      Neat, I'm actually excited about the next release of Cheetah (v2.2.2,
      which I've been slacking on) since abbeyj@ has been a great help in
      getting some of the C modules and packaging of Cheetah prepared such
      that we can push out a full Windows-friendly release with v2.2.2.

      I'm assuming you created the Windows installers with setuptools (that's
      the only method I'm aware of currently to do so), if not, do tell :)

      Cheers

      -R. Tyler Ballance
      Slide, Inc.