Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Preparing a Community Cheetah 2.1.0 release

  • mobiledreamers@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2009
      Please do that would be awesome
      Cheetah is like da best templating language
      thanks

      On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 1:33 AM, R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@...> wrote:
      On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 03:14:03AM -0700, mobiledreamers@... wrote:
      >    is this patch applied

      I have applied this patch, including the another couple that I have had
      lying around into the "next" branch of my Git repository for Cheetah
      (http://github.com/rtyler/cheetah/tree/next)

      It appears that this project is either in severe hibernation or just
      about dead, as a response, I'm preparing a Community Cheetah release
      2.1.0 which contains a number of fixes and will hopefully breath some
      new life into the project.

      If anybody is interested let me know, I'll be preparing some release
      tarballs and such later this weekend.

      Cheers

      >    On 1/15/09, Evan Klitzke <evan@...> wrote:
      >
      >      I wrote a small patch to Cheetah that allows you to use a process pool
      >      to compile templates in parallel. Example usage:
      >
      >      cheetah compile -R templates --parallel 4
      >
      >      This will compile all of the Cheetah templates in the `templates'
      >      directory four ways. A separate process is forked for each
      >      compilation.
      >
      >      The use case behind this is that I work at a company that uses Cheetah
      >      heavily (more than 600 templates checked into our source repository).
      >      When issuing make from a clean checkout it takes a long time to
      >      compile all of the templates. This makes that go a lot faster. It's
      >      also a lot faster than telling make that each template is a separate
      >      rule, and having make -j4 invoke a new instance of cheetah compile for
      >      each template.
      >
      >      Is there any interest in incorporating this patch in a future upstream
      >      Cheetah release?

      Slide, Inc.

      --
      Bidegg worlds best auction site