[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Pure python cheetah?

  • mobiledreamers@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2008
      google app engine does not support c extensions

      is there a pure pythonic cheetah template available for download
    • Forest
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2008
        On Wed, April 9, 2008 13:25, mobiledreamers-at-gmail.com wrote:
        > google app engine does not support c extensions
        >
        > is there a pure pythonic cheetah template available for download

        You might find the Spitfire project interesting:

        http://code.google.com/p/spitfire/

        I haven't tried it yet, but I have high hopes for it.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2008
          Hi,
          Cheetah comes with a fall-back pure Python implementation of NameMapper.
          I'm not sure how the install process on AppEngine works, but it should be
          possible. If it uses distutils, you just need to edit the setup.py file
          and remove the _namemapper.c extension.
          Tavis

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2008
            also
            if i need to upload cheetah/ folder
            to google app engine
            i shud jus drop the Cheetah folder in the app folder
            so i shud not have setup.py
            can i do that?
            Ah, everyone is having trouble with C extensions and Google app engine.