Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Cheetah + Unicode: default encoding?

  • Yannick Gingras
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2007
      "Mike Orr" <sluggoster@...> writes:

      > There's a new #unicode directive in 2.0rc8 that might help though it
      > doesn't do exactly what you describe; it turns the output into
      > Unicode.
      > http://cheetahtemplate.org/docs/CHANGES
      >
      > You can also write a #filter that encodes placeholder values.

      I ended using Mako for its caching support. It has encoding support
      similar as what you describe and it support returning a unicode object
      directly through render_unicode(). I think that it does all the
      internal rendering in unicode and encodes only at the end:

      http://www.makotemplates.org/docs/unicode.html

      --
      Yannick Gingras