[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Running Cheetah in Windows

  • Bill Denney
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2007
      I'd like to suggest a slight addition to cheetah for the windows users
      among us:

      Can you add a file to go along with cheetah in the scripts directory
      called cheetah.bat that consists of just this line:

      @python c:\python25\scripts\cheetah %*

      The @ makes it so that the line isn't displayed to the terminal, and the
      %* just passes all arguments to the script . The path to the scripts
      directory would need to be detected when the file is written, but
      hopefully that shouldn't be too hard.

      Something similar could also be done for cheetah-compile.bat:

      @python c:\python25\scripts\cheetah-compile %*

      Thanks for all your hard work.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Hi Bill,
        That's a great idea. Do you know if Distutils provides a way to automate
        the setup of this path line?
        Tavis