Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Placeholder bug?

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
      Hi Michelts,
      to escape a placeholder in Cheetah you just need to add a \ before the $ (\$).
      Thus, if you use:
      var obj2 = \$('obj2')
      it should work fine.

      On Saturday 02 September 2006 12:08 pm, michelts wrote:
      > Hi Shannon,
      >
      > > Heh, I was thinking of this problem the other day. I have three
      > > suggestions:
      >
      > 1) Get the JavaScript out of the HTML and use a static JavaScript file ;)
      > 2) Create an alias for the $ function in JavaScript.
      > 3) Use \$().
      >
      > I can use a static javascript file, or create an alias to the $
      > function in javascript, but I think this is an alternative solution to
      > the real problem, I think there is a bug in cheetah namemapper. See
      > the following code...
      >
      > var obj2 = $$('obj2');
      >
      > ... that renders...
      >
      > var obj2 = $obj2;
      >
      > I don't know very well where is the problem, but I will see the source
      > code to solve it, I think the proper behavior should be cheetah
      > scaping the dollar sign and do not touching the parentesis, as above:
      >
      > var obj2 = $('obj2');
      >
      > Thanks for all help,
      > Regards.

    • michelts
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
        Hi Tavis,

        Excuse me, I'm very sorry about the confusion, now all I want are
        working well...
        Anyway, I couldn't find these in the documentation, I only find the
        following recomendation:

        > These are not $placeholders but are treated as literal text:
        >
        > $@var $^var $15.50 $$

        Should the docs be updated?
        Thanks for help!

        --