Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Newbie problem

  • Peter Mott
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2006
      I guess you should post your complete code. "#set myvariable = 1 " should be
      #set $myvariable = 1.

      Peter

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        On 4/29/06, Peter Mott <peter@...> wrote:
        > I guess you should post your complete code. "#set myvariable = 1 " should be
        > #set $myvariable = 1.

        Either way is acceptable as long as it doesn't collide with a reserved
        word (e.g., not "#set global = 1"). For Cheetah 2.0 we're generally
        recommending the fewest dollar signs possible, but it's a judgement
        call which way is more readable for #set.

        Tavis, there's a bug. The above directive compiles to
        'self._CHEETAH__globalSetVars[""] = 1'. It should raise an error.

        --
        Mike Orr <sluggoster@...>
        (mso@... address is semi-reliable)

        --
        Mike Orr <sluggoster@...>
        (mso@... address is semi-reliable)

      • Michele Petrazzo
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2006
          Tavis Rudd wrote:
          > That makes no difference. $ is not required there.

          Seem that is a spyce problem, because on the stable release, that I'm
          using, I see the problems, but on the developer (svn trunk) release the
          same code don't raise errors...
          I have already wrote to the spyce developers.

          Thanks to all,
          Michele