Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] forms and cookies inside a template without webware

  • Shannon -jj Behrens
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      On 3/31/06, Webb Sprague <webb.sprague@...> wrote:
      > Is there a good way to get forms and cookies inside a template without
      > using Webware (it isn't maintained in Gentoo anymore, and I would
      > rather not fuss with it anyway.)?
      >
      > I am using mod_python already, and I guess I could pass in a "req" or
      > a "Session" object through the searchList, but that seems a little
      > scary for some reason.

      How to get at forms and cookies is something that is server dependent.
      WSGI is a standard to provide a unified way of accessing these
      things, and I'm sure there is an adaptor for mod_python. Once you
      write a WSGI test application, I'm sure you'll figure out how to
      integrate with Cheetah. Cheetah on its own doesn't provide such an
      API. My Aquarium project, like WebWare, does; however, it sounds like
      what you really want is WSGI.

      Happy Hacking!
      -jj