[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] forms and cookies inside a template without webware

  • Webb Sprague
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hey.

      Is there a good way to get forms and cookies inside a template without
      using Webware (it isn't maintained in Gentoo anymore, and I would
      rather not fuss with it anyway.)?

      I am using mod_python already, and I guess I could pass in a "req" or
      a "Session" object through the searchList, but that seems a little
      scary for some reason.

      Thoughts?

      Thanks!

    • Shannon -jj Behrens
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
        On 3/31/06, Webb Sprague <webb.sprague@...> wrote:
        > Is there a good way to get forms and cookies inside a template without
        > using Webware (it isn't maintained in Gentoo anymore, and I would
        > rather not fuss with it anyway.)?
        >
        > I am using mod_python already, and I guess I could pass in a "req" or
        > a "Session" object through the searchList, but that seems a little
        > scary for some reason.

        How to get at forms and cookies is something that is server dependent.
        WSGI is a standard to provide a unified way of accessing these
        things, and I'm sure there is an adaptor for mod_python. Once you
        write a WSGI test application, I'm sure you'll figure out how to
        integrate with Cheetah. Cheetah on its own doesn't provide such an
        API. My Aquarium project, like WebWare, does; however, it sounds like
        what you really want is WSGI.

        Happy Hacking!
        -jj