Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] cheetah memory leak

  • Andrea Arcangeli
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
      On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 11:43:26AM -0800, Tavis Rudd wrote:
      > Fixed in the cvs. It was due to Cheetah.Template:_genUniqueModuleName(),
      > which keeps a cache of recently used cheetah module names to prevent
      > collisions before the new modules are added to sys.path. I'd forgotten to
      > clear that cache. It now only keeps the last 20 names in the cache.
      > I'll look into using a lock to avoid this completely, but this seems to work
      > for now.

      That was fast! great thanks.

      However I get this error, it seems you forgot to commit I18n?

      from Cheetah.Macros.I18n import I18n
      ImportError: No module named I18n

      > Thanks for catching that!

      You're welcome.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        On Friday 03 February 2006 11:43 am, Tavis Rudd wrote:
        > Fixed in the cvs. It was due to Cheetah.Template:_genUniqueModuleName(),
        > which keeps a cache of recently used cheetah module names to prevent
        > collisions before the new modules are added to sys.path. I'd forgotten to
        > clear that cache. It now only keeps the last 20 names in the cache.
        >
        > I'll look into using a lock to avoid this completely, but this seems to
        > work for now.
        Done.

        Andrea, do you mind taking a quick look at the concurrency locking in
        Template.compile to see if there are any issues I've missed?

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
          On Friday 03 February 2006 12:10 pm, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
          > That was fast! great thanks.
          >
          > However I get this error, it seems you forgot to commit I18n?
          >
          > from Cheetah.Macros.I18n import I18n
          > ImportError: No module named I18n

          Indeed I did! It's there now.

          I'm going to release 2.0rc5 this afternoon with these changes.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
            On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 12:16:07PM -0800, Tavis Rudd wrote:
            > Andrea, do you mind taking a quick look at the concurrency locking in
            > Template.compile to see if there are any issues I've missed?

            Ok I'll have a look as soon as fs syncs anon cvs ;)

            thanks!

          • Andrea Arcangeli
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
              On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 11:43:26AM -0800, Tavis Rudd wrote:
              > Fixed in the cvs. It was due to Cheetah.Template:_genUniqueModuleName(),

              btw, may I ask you if you've some utility to track where the memory
              utilization goes in python, or did you fix it by reading the source?

              thanks.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
                I just read the source and experimented with likely culprits.