Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Somehow I broke tracebacks

  • tavis@redonions.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      What version of Cheetah? I suspect this is some config issue with twisted
      as I've never seen anything like this. When did it last work?

      On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Todd Thomas wrote:

      > from Cheetah.Template import Template
      >
      > tmplt = Template.compile(file=filename)
      > ins = tmplt()
      >
      > render(str(ins())
      >
      > This isn't the exact code, very shortened form but similar, anyhow I am now
      > getting errors on std.err vs. from website, the website just hangs and it
      > returns nothing..
      >
      > I then went back to tmplt = Template(file=filename)
      > render(tmplt.respond()) which used to give me nice tracebacks, but once
      > again it is rendering to std.err instead vs returning a string.. Any ideas
      > how this could have happened? I was messing with templates and
      > trying to do things like so..
      >
      > class NiceTracebackTemplate(Template ):
      > _keepGeneratedPythonModulesForTracebacks = True
      > _cacheDirForGeneratedPythonModules = 'xxxx' # change to a dirname
      >
      > templateClass = NiceTracebackTemplate.compile(src)
      >
      > When my tracebacks started acting up, I switched back..

    • Todd Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        On 2/1/06, tavis@... <tavis@...> wrote:
        What version of Cheetah?  I suspect this is some config issue with twisted
        as I've never seen anything like this.  When did it  last work?

        On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Todd Thomas wrote:

        > from Cheetah.Template import Template
        >
        > tmplt = Template.compile(file=filename)
        > ins = tmplt()
        >
        > render(str(ins())
        >
        > This isn't the exact code, very shortened form but similar, anyhow I am now
        > getting errors on std.err vs. from website, the website just hangs and it
        > returns nothing..
        >
        > I then went back to tmplt = Template(file=filename)
        > render(tmplt.respond()) which used to give me nice tracebacks, but once
        > again it is rendering to std.err instead vs returning a string.. Any ideas
        > how this could have happened? I was messing with templates and
        > trying to do things like so..
        >
        > class NiceTracebackTemplate(Template ):
        >   _keepGeneratedPythonModulesForTracebacks = True
        >   _cacheDirForGeneratedPythonModules = 'xxxx' # change to a dirname
        >
        > templateClass = NiceTracebackTemplate.compile(src)
        >
        > When my tracebacks started acting up, I switched back..

        False alarm, it wasn't cheetah, issue I was having with callbacks. If error happens in function you call back it seems, that it traps the output. I removed the deferred and now the tracebacks happen as expected.