[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] distutils and Python version specific installations

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2001
      Hi,
      I was just doing some research on distutils for a Python
      package I'm writing as part of my thesis and I came across
      a neat method of doing version specific installs to the
      Python site-package library:

      add this line to setup.py's 'setup()' call
      package_dir={'ExamplePackage':{'2':'lib','1':'lib152'}[sys.version[0]]}

      In the future if we write any Cheetah code that takes
      advantage of newer Python features we could use this method
      to provide backwards compatibility.