[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Re: Fwd: compiling

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
      On Thursday 07 July 2005 10:28, Brian Wolf wrote:
      > RE: my previous e-mail
      > I've been able to compile Cheetah templates.
      > Two important questions:
      >
      > 1. Will compiling substantially increase performance??
      Dramatically, but please do your own tests and read the manual and the 0.9.17
      release notes about using Cheetah with Py 2.4 on Windows (using
      _namemapper.pyd etc.).

      > 2. Cheetah is still not yet in version 1.0 (currently 0.9.2?). That
      > sounds like beta-ware. And the only support is an e-mail list?
      0.9.17. Don't let that version number mislead you. Cheetah is stable and
      production quality and has been in use in commercial settings for over 4
      years.

      Like most open source projects, the email list and the manual are the primary
      means of support. Please send e-mails to the list rather than to me
      directly. Commercial support is available. Contact me if you need it.

    • Bob Van Zant
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
        I can attest to Cheetah being production quality. We are using it with
        Aquarium (http://aquarium.sf.net) on all of the appliances we sell and a few
        in house projects. In the more than a year that we have been using Cheetah
        (~10 developers across 4 distinct projects) I don't think we have found a
        single bug in Cheetah.

        -Bob

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
          On Thursday 07 July 2005 11:10, Bob Van Zant wrote:
          > In the more than a year that we have been using
          > Cheetah (~10 developers across 4 distinct projects) I don't think we have
          > found a single bug in Cheetah.

          Well, that's stretching things a little bit ;) I've applied patches from you
          guys.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
            They were enhancements though. Enhancements aren't bugs :-)

            -Bob