Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Fwd: compiling

  • Kevin Dangoor
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
      Whenever I see "slow Cheetah" and "Windows", I think _namemapper. Make
      sure you've got _namemapper.pyd... there is an orders of magnitude
      difference between the C namemapper and the Python one.

      I've never used the command-line compilation tool (I've got my own
      scripts calling the Compiler class when I need to), so I can't help
      you with your specific question below.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
        Kevin Dangoor said:
        > Whenever I see "slow Cheetah" and "Windows", I think _namemapper. Make
        > sure you've got _namemapper.pyd... there is an orders of magnitude
        > difference between the C namemapper and the Python one.
        >
        > I've never used the command-line compilation tool (I've got my own
        > scripts calling the Compiler class when I need to), so I can't help
        > you with your specific question below.

        I haven't used Cheetah with Windows, but I think you can rename them to
        cheetah.py and cheetah-compile.py and set the file association thingy to
        launch Python for *.py. cheetah-compile is for backward compatibility;
        it's equivalent to running cheetah with the "compile" argument. You don't
        need it.

        --
        -- Mike Orr <mso@...>

      • Jose Galvez
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
          you need to download the compiled namemapper _namemapper.pyd from
          http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cheetahtemplate/_namemapper.pyd?download
          copy this to your cheetah folder and it will speed things up
          Jose

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
            Jose Galvez said:
            > you need to download the compiled namemapper _namemapper.pyd from
            > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cheetahtemplate/_namemapper.pyd?download
            > copy this to your cheetah folder and it will speed things up
            > Jose

            We should probably mention this in the Getting Started section of the
            Users' Guide. JJ?

            BTW, JJ, I still owe you a letter. My DSL modem broke so I have limited
            time for e-mail.

            --
            -- Mike Orr <mso@...>

          • Jose Galvez
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2005
              No problem, but your right this really should be in the getting started
              now that there is such a speed difference with the compiled name mapper
              verses the python one.

              Jose