[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Re: WSCGIKit

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
      On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 mso@... wrote:
      > If you saw on the Cheetah list, I've essentially gotten out of Cheetah
      > development so I can pursue other things.
      Fair enough. If you're not actively using it for current projects why would you
      bother working on it :) Thanks for all the effort you've put into it up
      to this point!

      > JJ has offered to step in as
      > co-developer but is still awaiting your blessing.
      He's got my blessing and has stepped up to the plate.

      > I think people are also
      > curious about your long-term plans for Cheetah.

      I'm still very busy with work and other things, but have just done some
      hacking/cleanup on its loose ends for the first time in many months. Basically,
      it works for me as is so I don't plan to do much aside from bug fix releases and
      cleanup of docs, etc. I'll cut the 1.0 release soon. If anyone wants to do
      serious hacking on it after that, for whatever reason, I can't promise much of
      my time. So long as they have good style, don't break the tests or backwards
      compatibility (without at least having config options that preserve the old
      behaviour), and run things by the list first, then they have my blessing to
      contribute patches or checkins.

      > Are you going to PyCon in March?
      I'll still be in Spain until March 16th, so I doubt it at this stage. You?

      Feliz Navidad!

    • Shannon --jj Behrens
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
        > > JJ has offered to step in as
        > > co-developer but is still awaiting your blessing.
        > He's got my blessing and has stepped up to the plate.

        Ah, good, then "the official blessing" is finalized ;)

        Thanks! :-D
        -jj

        --
        I am trying out gmail right now. I am forwarding all of my Yahoo mail
        to gmail, so please do not update your address book just yet.

        =====
        There is never time to do it right, but always time to do it over.