Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Paginating a resultset with Cheetah (or: How To Create a Pager)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
      Hi Karsten, this is something you're on your own with. It's outside of
      Cheetah's scope.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
        > On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Karsten Hoffmann wrote:
        >
        >> Hello
        >>
        >> I have the following problem: I want to query a database, store the
        >> results
        >> in a list or dictionary and show the results on a page in chunks of say
        >> 5
        >> oder 10 items at a time with the usual "previous" and "next" links.
        >>
        >> Reading the Cheetah users' guide I found a "Filters" module implementing
        >> Pager class (?) or method (?) (I'm new to Python and OOP). Is it
        >> possible to
        >> use this class (?) to solve the problem described above?

        Cheetah.Tools.MondoReport was made for that purpose. See
        MondoReportDoc.txt for instructions. The module is unsupported but I
        think it's finished enough to do what you want.

        You'll have to give it a list, not a dictionary. Dictionaries are
        unordered so any attempt to page them are futile; the items would jump
        from page to page at random.

        Cheetah.Filters.Pager is rather complex and undocumented, so I'd avoid it
        if you're new to Python. I don't know if it's ever been widely used or
        tested.