[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] CGI Documentation

  • Greg McClure
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2004
      Dear Cheetahfolks,

      Some documentation issues recently caused a minor ache. I wanted to
      run Cheetah templates under CGI, using Cheetah's CGI hooks. The docs
      say that the following should be at the top of a template:

      #extends Cheetah.Template.CGIMixin

      This is, however, incorrect I think. I looked at the files and found
      that the following made more sense:

      #extends Cheetah.Tools.CGITemplate

      Lo and behold, that did the trick. Basically, I've got templates in a
      tmpl moduel and I simply include them in my cgi with a basic "from
      tmpl.Foo import *". Creating a template object, assigning to the
      instance vars and doing a "print t" does everything else. Unless my
      setup is unusual which is incorrect, me or the docs?

      This might be interesting to others out there since not everyone may
      want to run Cheetah as an extension of Webware.

      All the best and thanks for a great product!

      Peace,
      Greg