[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Aquarium Web application framework release 1.4

  • Shannon --jj Behrens
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hey guys, please forgive the spam, but I just wanted to mention that
      release 1.4 of Aquarium is out. How it relates to Cheetah is described
      below:

      Aquarium is a Web application framework written in Python. It's
      features were inspired by a broad range of Web technologies (such as
      PHP's FreeTrade, Java's Struts, and Perl's Mason). It offers convenient
      libraries (such as session management), tight integration with Cheetah
      (including autocompilation of Cheetah templates), adaptors for various
      Web environments (including CGI, mod_python, and custom Web servers),
      and a convenient approach to Web development (the FreeEnergy
      methodology). Most of all, it's compact (just a few thousand lines of
      code) and extremely well documented. Aquarium is a useful tool for
      creating any highly-dynamic, custom Web application written in Python.

      Release focus: Major feature enhancements

      Changes:

      o The Cheetah templating engine is now supported, including
      auto-compilation of templates.

      o Aquarium now supports MVC in the style of Struts.

      o A plethora of documentation has been added.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        On Thu, Apr 01, 2004, Shannon --jj Behrens <jjinux@...> wrote:
        > Hey guys, please forgive the spam, but I just wanted to mention that
        > release 1.4 of Aquarium is out. How it relates to Cheetah is described
        > below:
        >
        > Aquarium is a Web application framework written in Python. It's
        > features were inspired by a broad range of Web technologies (such as
        > PHP's FreeTrade, Java's Struts, and Perl's Mason). It offers convenient
        > libraries (such as session management), tight integration with Cheetah
        > (including autocompilation of Cheetah templates), adaptors for various
        > Web environments (including CGI, mod_python, and custom Web servers),
        > and a convenient approach to Web development (the FreeEnergy
        > methodology). Most of all, it's compact (just a few thousand lines of
        > code) and extremely well documented. Aquarium is a useful tool for
        > creating any highly-dynamic, custom Web application written in Python.
        >
        > Release focus: Major feature enhancements
        >
        > Changes:
        >
        > o The Cheetah templating engine is now supported, including
        > auto-compilation of templates.
        >
        > o Aquarium now supports MVC in the style of Struts.
        >
        > o A plethora of documentation has been added.

        Sounds good.

        Where do we find it? :)

        JE

      • Shannon --jj Behrens
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
          Yeah, sorry about that. To top it off, I replied to my original post
          with the URL, but I only sent the message to myself! I'm such a dork!
          Really, I promise my code is better than my email! ;)

          Happy Hacking,
          -jj

          --- David Warnock <david@...> wrote:
          > Johannes,
          >
          > > Sounds good.
          > >
          > > Where do we find it? :)
          >
          > Google is your friend:
          >
          > http://aquarium.sourceforge.net/

        • David Warnock
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
            Johannes,

            > Sounds good.
            >
            > Where do we find it? :)

            Google is your friend:

            http://aquarium.sourceforge.net/

            Dave
            --
            David Warnock, Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com
            iDocSys for Document Management. VisibleResults for Fundraising.

          • David Warnock
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
              jj,

              > Yeah, sorry about that. To top it off, I replied to my original post
              > with the URL, but I only sent the message to myself! I'm such a dork!
              > Really, I promise my code is better than my email! ;)

              Any chance you could upload all the man pages to the website, I much
              prefer to look at docs before downloading and definately before
              installing (although I appreciate you don't have to install but simply
              run python in the source directory).

              Thanks

              Dave
              --
              David Warnock, Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com
              iDocSys for Document Management. VisibleResults for Fundraising.
              Development and Hosting of Web Applications and Sites.

            • Rob Martin
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
                > From: cheetahtemplate-discuss-admin@...

                Ditto.
                Aquarium sounds very promising, but I like to print out
                docs for new s/w. I read it before bed and if it's exciting
                enough to keep me awake, I go download it and give it a try.
                E.g., Cheetah kept me awake;)

                Thanks,
                Rob

              • Shannon --jj Behrens
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
                  Hey Guys,

                  Aquarium's home page <http://aquarium.sourceforge.net/> now has a link
                  to the online documentation. pydoc doesn't understand packages at all,
                  and Aquarium uses packages like crazy, so I spent most of the day
                  hacking pydoc to make the links work :-/ If you see a broken link,
                  please tell me.

                  Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

                  Your normal Cheetah hacking may continue ;)

                  Best Regards,