Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Debian packages uploaded to "experimental"

  • Chad Walstrom
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
      On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:17:09AM +0100, Stefan Reichör wrote:
      > Thank you very much for providing cheetah for debian. It makes the
      > installation easier for me. However, I will wait until the package
      > enters unstable.

      Stefan, the only changes I forsee happening to the packages before they
      enter unstable is the addition of a manpage and possible re-purposing of
      python-cheetah. Instead of requiring the latest python, it'll require
      "cheetah" which will be provided by any one of the Python
      version-specific packages.

      The library code will stay where it's at, and the use of alternatives
      (symlinks) will remain for the scripts cheetah and cheetah-compile.

      You can install packages from experimental explicitly w/o having to
      worry about upgrading any of your other packages. It is automatically
      pinned to 100 (I believe). See also: apt_preferences(5).

      I really need testers to look at these packages BEFORE they get to
      unstable, and your help would be valuable.

      Until these packages get into experimental, please apt-get them from

      deb http://people.debian.org/~chewie/debian/cheetah /.
      deb-src http://people.debian.org/~chewie/debian/cheetah /.

      Thanks!

      --
      Chad Walstrom <chewie@...> http://www.wookimus.net/
    • Chad Walstrom
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
        I made a slight faux paux:

        deb http://people.debian.org/~chewie/debian/cheetah ./
        deb-src http://people.debian.org/~chewie/debian/cheetah ./

        --
        Chad Walstrom <chewie@...> http://www.wookimus.net/
      • Stefan Reichör
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
          Hi Chad!

          > Stefan, the only changes I forsee happening to the packages before they
          > enter unstable is the addition of a manpage and possible re-purposing of
          > python-cheetah. Instead of requiring the latest python, it'll require
          > "cheetah" which will be provided by any one of the Python
          > version-specific packages.
          >
          > The library code will stay where it's at, and the use of alternatives
          > (symlinks) will remain for the scripts cheetah and cheetah-compile.
          >
          > You can install packages from experimental explicitly w/o having to
          > worry about upgrading any of your other packages. It is automatically
          > pinned to 100 (I believe). See also: apt_preferences(5).

          Thanks for the hint - I will look at this.

          > I really need testers to look at these packages BEFORE they get to
          > unstable, and your help would be valuable.
          >
          > Until these packages get into experimental, please apt-get them from
          >
          > deb http://people.debian.org/~chewie/debian/cheetah /.
          > deb-src http://people.debian.org/~chewie/debian/cheetah /.

          I installed the packages from the above location.
          Everything works fine :-)

          So thanks again for your good work.

          Stefan.