Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] NameMapper problem

    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2003
      Also, I recommend upgrading to Cheetah 0.9.15 before doing further testing.

      On Friday 30 May 2003 06:23, Mike Orr wrote:
      > On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 09:44:31PM +0200, S?bastien Pierre wrote:
      > > write(filter(VFN(VFS(SL,"site",True),"resource",False)(VFS(SL,"pagePath"
      > > ,True), resName))) # generated from '$site.resource($pagePath,
      > > $resName)' at line 1, col 1.
      > > NameMapper.NotFound: site
      > >
      > > But, when instanciating my template in build.py (my main file), I do:
      > >
      > > localdict = {
      > > "site" : self
      > > }
      > > template = Template(file=template_path, searchList=[localdict])
      > >
      > > I am on Python 2.3b1, MacOSX 10.2.6, Fink-installed python with only
      > > Cheetah-0.9.14 installed.
      >
      > That looks right.
      >
      > Comment out the offending line and put
      > $searchList
      > above it. It should print something like:
      > [{}, {'site': 1}, <test.test instance at 0x40219a6c>]
      >
      > (The first element is the '#set globals' dictionary. The last
      > element is the template self. In between are the searchList
      > elements. For my test I used 1 as the site value since I didn't
      > have an object handy.)
      >
      > Let us know what it does.

    • Sébastien Pierre
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        Le vendredi, 30 mai 2003, à 18:56 Europe/Paris, Tavis Rudd a écrit :

        > Also, I recommend upgrading to Cheetah 0.9.15 before doing further
        > testing.

        This is what I did, and it works fine now -- though I still not
        understand why there was a problem with 0.9.14.

        Thanks for your answers :)

        -- Sébastien

        --
        «Si tous les autres acceptaient le mensonge imposé par le Parti -
        si tous les rapports racontaient la même chose - le mensonge

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
          On Monday 02 June 2003 11:20, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
          > Le vendredi, 30 mai 2003, à 18:56 Europe/Paris, Tavis Rudd a écrit :
          > > Also, I recommend upgrading to Cheetah 0.9.15 before doing further
          > > testing.
          >
          > This is what I did, and it works fine now -- though I still not
          > understand why there was a problem with 0.9.14.
          >
          > Thanks for your answers :)

          Version 0.9.15 included some bug fixes.