[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Updates

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 7:52 PM
      Updated the Users' Guide for the new "cheetah" command
      (sections Getting Started" and "How It Works"). Put the Optik
      license in Appendix C.

      Removed option -p from the command-line invocation of .py
      template modules. It's identical to the --pickle option which
      is consistent between the "cheetah" command and .py template
      modules.

      Also updated the TODO file and made a few miscellaneous changes.

      One thing I'd like to see when we revise the caching framework
      is a varyByFile option that would track the modify timestamp of
      an external file. That would make it easier to have a cached
      page section that's dependent on an external configuration file.

      --
      -Mike (Iron) Orr, iron@... (if mail problems: mso@...)

    • Robert Cowham
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5 3:47 AM
        I have put an entry on
        http://cheetah.colorstudy.net/twiki/bin/view/Cheetah/CheetahRecipes
        regarding this - Scons is rather nice (and Python based).

        Robert

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5 9:41 AM
          On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:47:27AM +0100, Robert Cowham wrote:
          > I have put an entry on
          > http://cheetah.colorstudy.net/twiki/bin/view/Cheetah/CheetahRecipes
          > regarding this - Scons is rather nice (and Python based).

          Cool. Thanks for putting it on the wiki. Does Scons check the
          timestamp of the destination files and avoid overwriting them
          unnecessarily?

          The 'cheetah' command-line syntax will change in the next version
          (it's already in CVS).

          TASK OLD NEW
          ---- --- -----------------------------------
          tmpl -> py cheetah compile cheetah compile -or- cheetah c
          tmpl-> html cheetah compile -w cheetah fill -or- cheetah f

          Also, can you put an <HR> between topics on the wiki page? (I think
          the wiki syntax is "----" or something like that.) Otherwise it looks
          like your comment is a follow-up to the previous, and if the reader
          decided the previous one is not worth reading, he might not pay
          attention to yours thinking it's a follow-up.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5 10:01 AM
            > On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:47:27AM +0100, Robert Cowham wrote:
            > > I have put an entry on
            > > http://cheetah.colorstudy.net/twiki/bin/view/Cheetah/CheetahRecipes
            > > regarding this - Scons is rather nice (and Python based).
            >
            > Cool. Thanks for putting it on the wiki. Does Scons check the
            > timestamp of the destination files and avoid overwriting them
            > unnecessarily?

            It uses MD5 hashes of file contents rather than timestamps but otherwise is
            the same principle.

            > The 'cheetah' command-line syntax will change in the next version
            > (it's already in CVS).

            Look forward to it.

            > Also, can you put an <HR> between topics on the wiki page? (I think
            > the wiki syntax is "----" or something like that.) Otherwise it looks
            > like your comment is a follow-up to the previous, and if the reader
            > decided the previous one is not worth reading, he might not pay
            > attention to yours thinking it's a follow-up.

            OK - not a wiki habitue yet!

            Robert