5013[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Webware placeholders and the searchList

  • Aaron Murray
    May 22, 2013
      I am upgrading to Cheetah 2.4.4. I'm getting a lot of errors relating to my $session placeholder (which is added to the searchList via a custom context object as ctx.session).

      After the upgrade, $session is always None.  It seems like the Webware session variable from Servlet.py is sitting in the searchList above my custom placeholder.  The current Cheetah docs state:

      "However, it is OK to put same-name variables in the searchList, because Webware does not use the searchList."

      I know the docs are currently out of date.  It seems like this is no longer true.

      Is there any way I can avoid changing the name of my session placeholder in every template?  I do not use Webware so I don't need any related functionality.

      Thanks,
      Aaron
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic