5001Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Test string against expression?

  • Buck Golemon
    Sep 17, 2012
      Cheetah is a superset of python (kindof).
      Get your logic working in python, then port it to cheetah.
      You want re.match, from the standard python library:

      In your particular example below however, regular expressions are overkill, just use the string `in` operator:

      #if 'string' in $getVar('name')
         #set foo = "bar"
      #else
         #set bar = "foo"
      #end if

      That's basic python. You should take a couple hours and run through the official tutorial.
      At *least* skim the parts on string processing.
      http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

      On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Rick Miller <vmiller@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      Please forgive my ignorance for I am a novice in the area of
      templating engines and cheetah.  That said, I want to compare a string
      in a placeholder against a regular expression (btw, this is in
      Cobbler...not sure if it makes a real difference or not).  The concept
      is as follows:

      #if $getVar('name') == '*string*'
         #set foo = "bar"
      #else
         #set bar = "foo"
      #end if

      What is the best approach to accomplishing this?