5000[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Test string against expression?

  • Rick Miller
    Sep 17, 2012
      Hi All,

      Please forgive my ignorance for I am a novice in the area of
      templating engines and cheetah. That said, I want to compare a string
      in a placeholder against a regular expression (btw, this is in
      Cobbler...not sure if it makes a real difference or not). The concept
      is as follows:

      #if $getVar('name') == '*string*'
      #set foo = "bar"
      #else
      #set bar = "foo"
      #end if

      What is the best approach to accomplishing this?