4843Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Importing Cheetah.Template.Template unusually slow?

  • Michael Higgins
    Mar 9, 2010
      Just downloaded the tarball from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Cheetah/2.4.2.1
      and I'm seeing similar compile problems to the ones reported below.

      I'm on OS X 10.5.8, using python 2.5.1. When I unpack the tarball and
      do python setup.py build, it spits out this:

      building 'Cheetah._namemapper' extension
      creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5
      creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/cheetah
      creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/cheetah/c
      gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-
      madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
      DMACOSX -I/usr/include/ffi -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch i386 -arch ppc -pipe -
      I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/
      python2.5 -c cheetah/c/_namemapper.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.5-
      i386-2.5/cheetah/c/_namemapper.o
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function ‘setNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function
      ‘PyUnicode_FromFormat’
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a castcheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function
      ‘setNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function
      ‘PyUnicode_FromFormat’
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast

      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function
      ‘wrapInternalNotFoundException’:cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function
      ‘wrapInternalNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:62: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:62: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast

      gcc -Wl,-F. -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -arch i386 -arch ppc
      build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/cheetah/c/_namemapper.o -o build/
      lib.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/Cheetah/_namemapper.so

      and then the C version of the namemapper doesn't import because of
      missing symbols.

      Is there another build out there that fixes this, or is it still in
      the pipeline?

      (And thanks for all your hard work! Cheetah is great!)

      Mike