4829Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Importing Cheetah.Template.Template unusually slow?

  • Matthew Beauregard
    Feb 1, 2010
      > Your workaround is fine, but you might want to look into why you're
      > not using
      > the compiled namemapper

      Actually, yeah, that's just bit me. There is (and has been for years)
      a difference between the C and Python NameMappers that my code
      triggers so parts of it only work with the C mapper. That's been fine
      until now when I'm trying to build from git/next.

      From what I can see the compiled mapper isn't building right for me:

      gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-
      madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -
      DMACOSX -I/usr/include/ffi -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch i386 -arch ppc -pipe -
      I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/
      python2.5 -c cheetah/c/_namemapper.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.5-
      i386-2.5/cheetah/c/_namemapper.o
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function ‘setNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function
      ‘PyUnicode_FromFormat’
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function ‘setNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function
      ‘PyUnicode_FromFormat’
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:38: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function ‘wrapInternalNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:62: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c: In function ‘wrapInternalNotFoundException’:
      cheetah/c/_namemapper.c:62: warning: assignment makes pointer from
      integer without a cast

      So then I get:

      >>> from Cheetah._namemapper import NotFound, valueForKey, valueForName
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
      ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/Cheetah-2.4.2-
      py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg/Cheetah/_namemapper.so, 2): Symbol not
      found: _PyUnicode_FromFormat
      Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/Cheetah-2.4.2-
      py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg/Cheetah/_namemapper.so
      Expected in: dynamic lookup

      thanks,
      Matthew