4701[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Fairly major performance regression from v2.2.0-v2.2.2

  • tyler@monkeypox.org
    Oct 12 11:49 PM
      I was doing some hotshot[1] based profiling tonight with some of
      the basic performances tests I had written once upon a time and I
      noticed that while Template.compile() has remained speedy,
      Template.__init__() has gotten horrifically slow in comparision.
      Upon further digging and prodding I found the issue was one that I
      introduced in 8982ecd
      The PATCH follows this email includes the fix, insofar that it
      causes the dir() call to only execute at module import instead of
      __init__() (relevant members of Template really aren't likely
      to change between instantiations of Template).

      I'm considering backmerging this down into master/maint and
      creating a v2.2.2.1 with the performance regression fixed, thoughts?

      -R. Tyler Ballance
      [1] http://docs.python.org/library/hotshot.html
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic