3782Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Placeholder bug?

  • michelts
    Sep 2, 2006
      Hi Shannon,

      > Heh, I was thinking of this problem the other day. I have three suggestions:

      1) Get the JavaScript out of the HTML and use a static JavaScript file ;)
      2) Create an alias for the $ function in JavaScript.
      3) Use \$().

      I can use a static javascript file, or create an alias to the $
      function in javascript, but I think this is an alternative solution to
      the real problem, I think there is a bug in cheetah namemapper. See
      the following code...

      var obj2 = $$('obj2');

      ... that renders...

      var obj2 = $obj2;

      I don't know very well where is the problem, but I will see the source
      code to solve it, I think the proper behavior should be cheetah
      scaping the dollar sign and do not touching the parentesis, as above:

      var obj2 = $('obj2');

      Thanks for all help,
      Regards.

      --