3144Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Re: psyco and 0.9.18

    Oct 2, 2005
      William Dode wrote:

      >On 30-09-2005, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
      >

      >>Perhaps we should add something to the documentation. For instance,
      >>we could add the following to the "Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting"
      >>section:
      >>
      >>13.10 Using Cheetah with Psyco
      >>
      >>Psycho cannot effectively be used with Cheetah. Cheetah uses frame
      >>hackery to access the caller frame's variables. This is a known
      >>limitation of Psyco.
      >>

      >Do you think it could be possible to disable psyco only on somes
      >function ? (with psyco.cannotcompile) i couldn't find wich one...
      >
      >Or the opposite, to disable this part of cheetah ? (i remember that
      >older versions of cheetah was working with psyco) to see if cheetah
      >without this hackery is faster or not than cheetah with psyco.

      Cheetah's lookup code was changed around 0.9.16, so that could explain
      the difference. Look at the CHANGES file. But given that the change
      had some significant benefit (which I forget now), I doubt we'd want to
      roll it back for psyco. "Disabling" it would prob'ly make Cheetah not
      work at all.

      Since the problem is in the namemapper module, you could just exclude
      everything in that module from psyco.