2208[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Having trouble with #include

  • Aaron Buhr
    Aug 4, 2003
      Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me out. I am having trouble with
      #include. I am making a page that responds to a form submission. It is
      page 2 of a 4-page application that the user will be filling out. I want
      the page to do input validation and if the input needs to be corrected
      refresh the user back to page 1 to re-enter (with appropriate instructions),
      if the input is ok then present page 2 of the app.

      I have no trouble with the logic to do that but with that logic and the
      varying display possibilities it is confusing my visual web page design
      program. So I thought that I would just compose the regular page 2 without
      the branching logic and then #include it into the page with the logic.
      However my first problem was that the variables were coming up undefined,
      which from reading the archives is how the #include is supposed to work -
      namespace not shared or some such. So in my #included file I then copied
      over my variable assignment (from a session var) from the including file,
      and now the page gives me a "'Nonetype' object is not callable error."

      If anyone has any tips for me they would be much appreciated. Thanks.

      Aaron Buhr
      Campus Communications Group, Inc.