1544Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] #set global

  • Mike Warren
    Oct 7, 2002
      iron@... (Mike Orr) writes:

      > Can you get by without Base features in the include file for now?

      Yes, thanks.

      > Actually, I don't think you even have to do that. Since the main
      > template inherits from MyClass, all its methods are available to
      > placeholders in the included template too. Of course that means the
      > include file won't work if the main template doesn't inherit from
      > MyClass, but maybe that's an inappropriate use of the include
      > template anyway.

      I was half expecting #include to work like an #include does with the C
      preprocessor (before reading the docs ;); would it make sense to add
      sematics to do that? (That is, include the text and presume it to be
      part of the ``current'' file?) Maybe ``#include cpp "filename.tmpl"''?

      --
      mike [at] mike [dash] warren [dot] com
      <URL:http://www.mike-warren.com>