Something new to report

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2012
      Hi all, finally some new info. We had someone join the project with the Chick surname who can trace his family to a recent immigrant from England (19th century ?) and he's a perfect match to our "Group 1" family on 12 YDNA markers. I've asked him for more details abt his family tree and will post when I receive it. Apparently he has traced his family in England a bit (I don't know how far back) so this is a very exciting development!

      Rebecca
    • chuckinduck@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2012
        Howdy, Rebecca.  We were traveling again when your email arrived.  So, excuse the long response time.

        This is very exciting.  Does this individual's roots go to Somerset?  Is there a similarity to participant 34, from Somerset?

        Looking forward to your findings.

        Thank you so very much.
        Charles E. Cheek
        Richmond, VA

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
          Hi Charles, yes apparently this individual's family tree goes back to Somerset -- which is more evidence that Somerset is probably the origin of our line. He said he will try to get me his GedCom files this weekend so hopefully I will have more to report soon!

          Cheers!
          Rebecca