Message from moderator

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2012
      Hi all,

      I think I would like to bring focus back to the DNA project for now. The main purpose of this Yahoo group is to keep people updated on what we have found in the DNA study. I think Sir John Cheke's family tree is interesting, but we have no documented connection with him at this point through DNA or other evidence. I think the discussion is getting a little far afield and I don't want people to get overwhelmed with information that is not relevant to what we have found through DNA.

      Cheers,
      Rebecca
    • Andrea
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
        Is there an update on the project? I notice the information here and on the website has become quite dated. Are there any new participants to be added?

        --- In cheekdna@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca" <cheekgenealogy@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I think I would like to bring focus back to the DNA project for now. The main purpose of this Yahoo group is to keep people updated on what we have found in the DNA study. I think Sir John Cheke's family tree is interesting, but we have no documented connection with him at this point through DNA or other evidence. I think the discussion is getting a little far afield and I don't want people to get overwhelmed with information that is not relevant to what we have found through DNA.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Rebecca

      • Rebecca
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
          Yes, things have been very quiet lately!

          We did have an individual recently who contacted me after having a test done through another company. He was another descendant of William Cheek of Bedford Co., VA & Surry Co., NC, and matched "Group 2."

          There is also an individual in England who signed up for a DNA test 4 years ago but never sent in his sample. He recently emailed me about rejoining the project and getting his DNA test completed so I encouraged him to do that. If we do get any results from him, I will let you all know

          Rebecca