429Re: Something new to report

  • Rebecca
    Nov 1, 2012
      Hi Charles, yes apparently this individual's family tree goes back to Somerset -- which is more evidence that Somerset is probably the origin of our line. He said he will try to get me his GedCom files this weekend so hopefully I will have more to report soon!

      Cheers!
      Rebecca

      --- In cheekdna@yahoogroups.com, chuckinduck@... wrote:

      > Howdy, Rebecca. We were traveling again when your email arrived. So,
      > excuse the long response time.
      >
      > This is very exciting. Does this individual's roots go to Somerset? Is
      > there a similarity to participant 34, from Somerset?
      >
      > Looking forward to your findings.
      >
      > Thank you so very much.
      > Charles E. Cheek
      > Richmond, VA
      >
      > In a message dated 10/17/2012 3:45:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > cheekgenealogy@... writes:
      >

      > Hi all, finally some new info. We had someone join the project with the
      > Chick surname who can trace his family to a recent immigrant from England
      > (19th century ?) and he's a perfect match to our "Group 1" family on 12 YDNA
      > markers. I've asked him for more details abt his family tree and will post
      > when I receive it. Apparently he has traced his family in England a bit (I
      > don't know how far back) so this is a very exciting development!
      >
      > Rebecca

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic