426Re: [cheekdna] Re: Project Update

  • TCheek5682@aol.com
    Aug 7, 2012
      Thanks Rebecca for the update. "NEVER GIVE UP" I submitted a test in January of this year named the FFDNA. I got a direct hit last week on my Curry family in Wilkes County on my Mothers side !  If any thing shows up on the Cheek clan, I will contact you.
      Sincerely,
      tom cheek

      In a message dated 8/7/2012 7:08:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cheekgenealogy@... writes:

      Yes, things have been very quiet lately!

      We did have an individual recently who contacted me after having a test done through another company. He was another descendant of William Cheek of Bedford Co., VA & Surry Co., NC, and matched "Group 2."

      There is also an individual in England who signed up for a DNA test 4 years ago but never sent in his sample. He recently emailed me about rejoining the project and getting his DNA test completed so I encouraged him to do that. If we do get any results from him, I will let you all know

      Rebecca

      --- In cheekdna@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <apowell@...> wrote:

      > Is there an update on the project? I notice the information here and on the website has become quite dated. Are there any new participants to be added?
      >
      > --- In cheekdna@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca" <cheekgenealogy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I think I would like to bring focus back to the DNA project for now. The main purpose of this Yahoo group is to keep people updated on what we have found in the DNA study. I think Sir John Cheke's family tree is interesting, but we have no documented connection with him at this point through DNA or other evidence. I think the discussion is getting a little far afield and I don't want people to get overwhelmed with information that is not relevant to what we have found through DNA.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Rebecca

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic