CP: Appeal of Chechen Refugees Committee in Europe to Kofi Annan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2000
      In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful
      CHECHENPRESS
      Information Agency of the Government of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria

      7/2/00 Chechenpress presents “Appeal of Chechen Refugees Committee in Europe
      to the Secretary General of United Nations Mr. Koffi Annan”

      “Appeal of Chechen Refugees Committee in Europe to the Secretary General of
      United Nations Mr. Koffi Annan”

      Dear Mr, Annan,

      We hope that it is not indifference what makes led by you powerful organisation
      remain silent about Chechen tragedy, We hope that is caused only by lack of
      information. We hope as well that the truth about Chechnya would reach you and
      Russian -Chechen "problem" would be resolved by diplomats not by soldiers,

      Moscow "truth" has caused death of whole nations. It is that "truth" that made
      mourn of 40 millions of bolshevism's prisoners unheard, it is that "truth" that
      consumed many thousands of officers of army from neighbouring country .It is
      that "truth" that deprived whole nations their people, fatherlands and property
      during just 24 hours.

      Our truth is very simple -Chechen Nation wants to be free and independent. That
      is why this truth is so bloody and cruel. But can it be different if every
      Russian soldier in Chechnya is a drunker and each one from those drunkers can be
      our last judge and executioner? ""' Terrorists in age from 10 to 60 years old"
      -could it be invented somewhere else but in this evil empire?

      We have mentioned in our appeals and declarations many times that on areas
      occupied by Russians in Chechnya and in Russian Federation itself, there is a
      widespread violation of human rights of every kind. But we think that it was
      obvious without our evidences. To be simple, there is every possible and
      impossible activity which could be made only by evil himself.

      We have survived judgements made by those hangmen, we have outlasted cruel
      bombardments and fire made by aggressor, Small number of us reached Western
      Europe. And here we are kept in prison called "no refugee legal status" for
      months and years. This doesn't allow us work, it doesn't allow our children to
      go to school, And this all is made by indifference.

      We would like to ask you to resolve problem of our legal status at the soonest,
      to let our children go to school in nearest autumn and to let us earn for living
      by ourselves.

      Dear Mr. Annan, in this short letter we are not able to tell you about all
      "Berlin" walls made against the Chechens. But we hope that your arrival to
      Poland would be the first step in our long way to getting our rights and that
      our rights would be granted to us here, in Western Europe and there -in our
      Fatherland,

      Committee of Chechen Refugees in Europe
      00-901 Warszawa, pI. Defilad 1, PKiN, lok. 121a. skr. poczt. 9 tel./fax (+4822)
      656-67-42. tel. (+48) 605-236-084

      http://www.chechengovernment.com/Presscentre.asp