CK: Ingushetia residents report kidnapping of Zelimkhan Chighitov

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Caucasian Knot

      Ingushetia residents report kidnapping of Zelimkhan Chighitov

      Apr 30 2010

      A resident of the town of Karabulak, Ingushetia, claims kidnapping of
      Zelimkhan Chighitov, her 20-year-old son. According to Zukhra
      Chighitova, Zelimkhan was kidnapped by law enforcement officers on April 27.

      The incident took place in the dormitory for involuntary migrants,
      called "Promzhilbaza", where the Chighitovs, residents of Chechnya, reside.

      According to Chighitova, the kidnappers drove cars without license
      plates. They did not identify themselves and did not show identification
      documents or order for arrest of Chighitov. The relatives were not
      informed on the reasons for detainment or the place where Zelimkhan was
      taken.

      "I phoned my son and he told me that he had been severely beaten and did
      not know what they wanted from him. He did not know where he was. During
      our conversation, a prosecutor from Karabulak stayed beside me. My son
      told me to switch off my telephone as he was concerned about his
      safety", said Zukhra Chighitova.

      The Chighitovs applied to the local prosecution office, employees of
      which, according to them, promised them to find the whereabouts of
      Zelimkhan, and to the Ingushetia MoI and human rights organizations.

      The relatives of Zelimkhan Chighitov have no information about his fate
      from the moment of kidnapping.

      Author: Zakre Magomadov; Source: CK correspondent

      http://www.eng.kavkaz-uzel.ru/articles/13177/