CK: Kesaeva: "Voice of Beslan" cherishes no more illusions on Putin

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Caucasian Knot
      31/1/2008

      Kesaeva: "Voice of Beslan" cherishes no more illusions on Putin

      Ella Kesaeva, co-chair of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, has stated,
      after receiving a reply from the RF President to the Committee's letter
      asking to stop prosecution of the organization, the end of illusions in
      relation to Mr Putin.

      On January 30, the NGO "Voice of Beslan" received an answer from
      President V. Putin to the letter in which the members of the Committee
      asked to stop prosecution of the organization, and to the complaint
      against the actions of the acting public prosecutor of Ingushetia who
      had initiated a criminal case about recognition of the information texts
      published by the Committee to be of extremist character.

      "We addressed Vladimir Putin personally asking to stop prosecution of
      the "Voice of Beslan", and he answered that the issue is beyond his
      competence and forwarded our letter to the RF General Prosecutor's
      Office. In their turn, they also assert that the issue is beyond their
      competence. We think that this answer is illegal. All our illusions are
      over today..." Ms Kesaeva told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

      According to her story, the letter runs that their complaints refer to
      the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Russian Federation, and they will
      not deal with them.

      Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" informed that the Supreme Court of North
      Ossetia had obliged the Pravoberezhny Court of the city of Beslan to
      consider the claim of the "Voice of Beslan" on appointing pensions to
      parents of the children who perished in the terror act. The issue
      remains unsolved till now.

      Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent

      http://eng.kavkaz-uzel.ru/newstext/engnews/id/1206889.html