Book Review

  • johan lagerfelt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear List,

      I am a little curious to know how many of you have read "The Lone
      Wolf and the Bear" by Moshe Gammer, Hurst & Company, London, and what
      you think about it. I have read it and reread it several times and am
      impressed by the width and depth of his writing. It's not always an
      easy book to read, being full of references to innumerable russian
      sources, but the information it contains is massive. With its
      historic background, going all the way back to Ivan IV, it is
      incredible to read about the countless wars waged by the russian, and
      the seemingly limitless ability and will of the Chechens to resist,
      even if they at times were temporarily beaten into submission.
      Looking forward to hearing your views.
      All the best

      Johan Lagerfelt