Re: Hard core Chechen ghosts spreading through the Canadian press

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1 10:24 AM

      I wonder where and when I should have described the current conflicts as
      "non Muslims fighting against Muslims"? Where did you get that from? By
      ascribing that view to me, you are actually doing yourself what you
      accuse me of.
      As far as I remember, I've always tried to convey my personal opinion
      that none of the current major wars are about religion, but about
      geopolitics, which again translates into economy/oil. I agree with Alan
      Greenspan on that point ;). Religion plays a part, but only as a tool
      for politics - split and rule here, unite there, establish new players,

      There is one thing where we are in complete agreement: Yes, the Taleban
      are horrible. But then again, those who support the war in Afghanistan
      must ask themselves some questions about the history of that
      organization. Who created it in the first place, and for what purpose?
      Try and check that out. And they must ask themselves if the war was
      justified at its beginning and if it is justified by its current results
      (the reinstallation of the pre-Taleban warlords, the return of
      Afghanistan as the worlds' leading opium producer and a military
      campaign that has killed far more civilians than the Taleban cavemen
      ever managed to hang or stone).

      With regard to my remarks about the Canadian soldier who saw Chechen
      ghosts, they were based on the discrepancies between the propagandistic,
      the official and the real versions of the reasons for the war in

      I'm sorry for the loss of lives among good-willing Nato soldiers, but my
      understanding for them ends where their propagandists try to justify the
      absence of military success by blaming it on the apparently supernatural
      forces of the "eternal Chechen". If they took their fight for
      "democracy" and "freedom" seriously, they would support the inalienable
      rights of the Chechen nation instead of using Chechens as scapegoats in
      a disgustingly racist way.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1 10:24 AM

        By pointing out that the organization represented by the author of a
        comment has no website, you're implying between the lines that there's
        something fishy about it. Isn't that a little propagandistic? :)

        Btw., Andrew McGregor had lots of appearances in the media and is
        well-known in his field.

        Best regards,