Ask President Putin..

  • Can Kesgin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hello..

      I think this may be good oppurtunity for us to ask him what's going on
      Chechnya? We can prepare some questions with together or by alone..I know I
      do not expext anything from him..but with the questions that we prepare at
      least we may help to others people for drawing their attention to main
      problems..Why I thought like this, I am sure there aren't be crucial
      questions which make Putin compress...ofcourse it is depend on BBC's choices
      of questions...

      This is just my suggestion...

      Regards all,
      C.K

      http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=2368&&editionfiltered=2&ttl=20060630093544

      We will be putting your questions to President Putin in a special
      interactive webcast with the Russian website Yandex on Thursday, 6 July,
      2006 at 1400BST. The webcast will be broadcast live on this site and on
      BBCRussian.com .

      Since becoming president in March 2000, Vladimir Putin has shown himself to
      be a strong leader, committed to restoring order at home and raising
      Russia's influence abroad.

      But his firm handling of domestic affairs has sparked criticism that he is
      'rolling back democracy', and he has been accused too of using energy to
      exert political pressure on neighbouring countries.

      In July, Russia will host the G8 summit for the first time and differences
      with western countries could overshadow the meeting of the world's top
      industrialised nations.

      What are the priorities for President Putin? What is his vision of the
      future for Russia? Should Russia pursue a more independent role on the world
      stage on key issues such as nuclear security, the Middle East and fighting
      terrorism? Will he forge closer ties with Europe? How stable is democracy at
      home? What would you like to ask him as a person? Send your question for
      President Putin NOW.
    • red3deer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
        --- In chechnya-sl@yahoogroups.com, "Can Kesgin" <can@...> wrote:

        > Hello..
        >
        > I think this may be good oppurtunity for us to ask him what's going on
        > Chechnya? We can prepare some questions with together or by alone..I know I
        > do not expext anything from him..but with the questions that we prepare at
        > least we may help to others people for drawing their attention to main
        > problems
        The fundamental question on which all others
        hinge is: Why does Russia think it has the
        right to be in Chechnya in the first place?
        r3d
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
          In my opinion, there is only one appropriate question: "Guilty or not
          guilty?" - to be asked by an international war crimes court.

          Norbert