Itar-Tass: Gunmen killed in Nalchik involved in grave crimes in Chechnya
- Gunmen killed in Nalchik involved in grave crimes in Chechnya
NALCHIK, April 29 (Itar-Tass) - The gunmen killed in Nalchik on
Saturday were sought by federal police in connection with grave crimes
committed in the Chechen Republic, the Kabardino-Balkar Interior
Ministry's press service told Itar-Tass.
One of the bandits, a 25-year-old man from the village of
Achkhoi-Martan, was wanted by the Chechen Prosecutor's Office.
According to the preliminary investigation, with a group of gunmen, he
committed an attack on the house of the Roshni-Chu village
administration's head in Chechnya's Urus-Martan district and kidnapped
the administration head's son. The house was destroyed by
The group of gunmen also blew up a vehicle of the Urus-Martan regional
commandant's headquarters. The commandant and three servicemen were
killed and one was wounded in the explosion.
The identity of the second bandit is also established. He is from the
Kostroma Region and was registered as a resident in Grozny. He was
also a member of illegal armed groups, the press service said.
Earlier this Saturday, the gunmen hiding in a flat in a multistoried
apartment building in Nalchik were killed in a special operation
conducted by security, police and anti-terror centre units. In an
attempt to escape, the gunmen got through a window to another section
of the building and climbed onto the roof. The bandits were killed in
the exchange of fire at the site. Their arms and grenades were found
on the scene.