MosNews: Russian Serviceman Pleads Guilty to Killing 3 Chechen Civilians

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      Russian Serviceman Pleads Guilty to Killing 3 Chechen Civilians

      05.04.2006
      MosNews

      A Russian serviceman, accused of killing three Chechen civilians last
      year, has admitted his guilt in his final plea and apologized to the
      victims’ relatives, saying he had not intended to kill the noncombatants.

      Alexey Krivoshonok, who is facing 20 years in prison and a fine of
      approximately $40,000 for the violent murder of 3 people in a state of
      alcoholic and narcotic intoxication, asked the court to reduce his
      sentence, due to be announced on April 6.

      “I ask that the fact that I have two children and my service to my
      Fatherland be taken into account,” he told the court.(*)

      According to the investigation, in November 2005 a group of soldiers,
      including Krivoshonok, stopped a minibus to check the identities of the
      two people inside. Krivoshonok then forced the driver and the passenger
      out of the vehicle, knocked them off their feet, laid a local witness on
      the ground next to them and shot all three.

      While the accused is facing charges of murder with intent to conceal a
      crime, the defense lawyer has asked the court to change the charge to
      “murder in a state of affect”.

      * By taking part in an illegal war of aggression, marauding and
      murdering in Chechnya alongside thousands of other criminals, this
      intoxicated idiot did enormous harm to Russia's national interests. The
      belief that war crimes and crimes against humanity constitute a service
      to the Russian fatherland, just shows the degree of deprivation ruling
      what the Kremlin mafiosi love to call the "Russian army". N.S.